1. OWNERSHIP AND USE OF SITE MATERIALS
The Site contains information, data, logos, graphics, images, photographs, and other elements and materials (collectively, "Materials") that are owned by and are the copyrighted works of Butler or its third-party providers. Butler, a division of BlueScope Buildings North America, Inc., also owns a copyright in the selection and arrangement of the Materials. Except as stated herein, you may not use, copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative words from, distribute, republish, download, display, post, or transmit in any form or by any means, including electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or other means, any Materials without the prior written permission of Butler. Any unauthorized use of any Materials contained on this Site may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or communications laws and regulations.
Butler hereby grants you permission to copy, print, and download Materials on this Site on an occasional and irregular basis, provided that: (1) all the copyright and other proprietary notices appear in the Materials; (2) the use of such Materials is solely for personal, noncommercial and informational use and will not be copied or posted on any networked computer, broadcast in any media, or used for commercial gain; and (3) the Materials are not modified in any way.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks ("Marks") displayed on this Site are the property of Butler. Other product names, company names, marks, logos, and symbols may be the trademarks of its third-party providers or other third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of Butler or such third party that may own the Marks.
For a current list of Marks owned by Butler, as well as information on the authorized use of the Marks, please refer to Butler's Trademark Usage Guidelines.
3. ON-LINE CONDUCT
4. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
This Site contains links to Web sites controlled by parties other than Butler. Butler does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for the contents or use of these third-party sites. Butler is providing these links to you only as a convenience.
5. TERMINATION OF ACCESS
Butler may cease operating the Site or terminate your access to all or part of the Site, without notice, at any time, for any reason.
6. DISCLAIMERS RESPECTING SITE
THE SITE AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," AND THE USE OF THE SITE AND MATERIALS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BUTLER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE SITE, THE OPERATION OF THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. BUTLER HEREBY DISCLAIMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND GUARANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
BUTLER DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ANY PRICING, PRODUCT, OR OTHER INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE ON OR THROUGH THIS INTERNET SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT, AND ALL INFORMATION, INCLUDING PRICES AND AVAILABILITY, IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO USER AND WITHOUT UPDATING THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE.
THE SITE AND MATERIALS ARE DISTRIBUTED INTERNATIONALLY AND MAY CONTAIN REFERENCES OR CROSS-REFERENCES TO BUTLER® PRODUCTS, PROGRAMS, AND SERVICES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED OR ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY. SUCH REFERENCES DO NOT IMPLY THAT BUTLER INTENDS TO ANNOUNCE SUCH PRODUCTS, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES IN YOUR COUNTRY. CONSULT YOUR LOCAL BUTLER BUILDER® FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE PRODUCTS, PROGRAMS, AND SERVICES WHICH MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY RESPECTING SITE
NEITHER BUTLER NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS, INCLUDING MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR E-MAIL, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, OR DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OR INACCURACY OF DATA, OR LOSS OF REVENUE).
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY SITE USER
You agree to hold Butler and its affiliates harmless from and indemnify them against any claims by you or third parties based on or related to your online actions or your use of the Site or the Materials and all damages, costs, and expenses relating thereto.
11. LOCAL LAWS; EXPORT CONTROL
Butler makes no representation that the Site or the Materials are appropriate or available for use outside the USA. If you use this Site from locations outside the USA, you are responsible for compliance with USA and foreign export and import laws and regulations and all applicable local laws. All marketing or promotional materials found on this Site are directed solely to individuals and entities located in the USA.
Butler welcomes your comments and feedback regarding our Site, our products, and our services. We do not, however, accept confidential or proprietary information. Accordingly, all comments, questions, feedback, information, or other materials you submit to Butler through or in connection with this Site ("Submissions") shall be considered nonconfidential and Butler's property. No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. Butler shall be free to use and/or disseminate such Submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you, not Butler, have full responsibility for the Submissions, including their accuracy, legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
13. RIGHTS AND REMEDIES OF BUTLER
14. GOVERNING LAW; CHOICE OF FORUM
16. LEGAL CONTACT INFORMATION
Attn: Legal Department
BlueScope Steel North America Corporation
P.O. Box 419917
Kansas City, MO 64141
Trademark and Service Mark Usage Guidelines: Introduction
Our trademarks and service marks identify our products so that consumers know they are buying Butler's high-quality products and services. Butler Manufacturing ("Butler") has gained valuable rights by the proper and continuous usage of its trademarks and service marks to identify its goods and services. If such marks are used improperly, their value can become diluted or generic. Properly using our trademarks by following these trademark usage guidelines protects and preserves the value of our marks and the Butler brand.
What is a Trademark and Service Mark?
Trademarks and service marks are words, names, symbols, devices, designs, phrases, sounds, or colors adopted and used by Butler to identify its goods and services and to distinguish them from other goods and services. The primary function of a trademark is to indicate the source of goods. It also implies a consistency of quality since it assures the customer that all goods bearing that trademark are of the same quality. Trademarks are usually noted with either a ™ or a ® symbol. Service marks are usually noted with a SM or a ® symbol. In the United States, a trademark that is noted by a ™ or a service mark that is noted by a SM has not been registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and a trademark or service mark noted with an ® has been registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Trademarks, however, may also be registered internationally, and each country has different laws regarding the proper notation of trademarks.
Referential Trademark and Service Mark Usage
You may use a Butler trademark, service mark, or product name to refer specifically to such Butler product or service in marketing and promotional materials, books, conferences, applications, demonstrations, etc. You are permitted to use a Butler trademark referentially provided that:
• You adhere to these Butler Trademark and Service Mark Usage guidelines.
• You do not disparage Butler or Butler products and services.
• You display your name or logo more prominently than any Butler trademark.
• You include a disclaimer that Butler does not sponsor, affiliate, or endorse your product and/or services.
General Trademark and Service Mark Usage Guidelines
1. Always spell the trademark correctly. Avoid any variations.
2. Use appropriate markings. Always capitalize the product name and designate the trademark with the appropriate ™ or ® symbol. Also, the first usage or most prominent usage of a Butler product name must be used in conjunction with the Butler® trademark and in the same type size, font, color and line.
3. Always use Butler trademarks as adjectives that describe the generic product. Trademarks are proper adjectives describing a specific thing; therefore, they should be used in conjunction with the noun (generic name) they modify (e.g., Butler Builder® dealer). Since a primary trademark is not a noun, it is not to be pluralized, such as "Scrubolts".
4. Do not use any Butler trademark as your trademark, service mark, trade name, domain name, product name, or logo. Butler trademarks identify the goods and services of Butler Manufacturing. No third-party may use any Butler trademark as their trademark, service mark, trade name, domain name, product name, or logo. You must have your own distinct trademark, service mark, trade name, domain name, product name, or logo that does not include any Butler trademarks. You may, however, referentially use the Butler trademark in connection with your product. Also, you may not use a variation, combination, or abbreviation of a Butler trademark.
5. Attribute ownership of Butler trademarks to Butler. When you refer to a Butler trademark, please include the following notice of trademark attribution where appropriate, such as on your product, printed materials, and online.
Example of correct usage:
"Butler and Butler Builder are trademarks or registered trademarks of Butler Manufacturing in the United States and/or other countries."
6. Avoid using words like "original" or "genuine" in association with the trademark. This implies there may be products of others bearing the same trademark.
Specific Trademark and Service Mark Usage Guidelines
1. Logos. You may not use any Butler logos (including buttons and graphic symbols) without a trademark license from Butler. All usage of trademark logos shall be pursuant to these guidelines and any other guidelines associated with that logo. Please refer to Butler's Logos and Usage Policy.
2. Merchandise items. You may not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Butler trademarks or logos, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Butler.
3. Slogans and taglines. You may not use or imitate a Butler slogan or tagline.
Butler Manufacturing Trademarks and Service Marks
This list is posted solely for your convenience. Butler does not waive any rights to any Butler trademark, service mark, trade name, product name, or logo that does not appear on this list. The symbols below denote status of the trademark in the United States only. Butler trademarks may also be registered internationally.
• Building Profit® magazine
• Butler Advantage® XE
• Butler Builder® dealers
• Butlerib® II roof and/or wall system
• Butler Lite*Panl® translucent roof and wall panel
• CMR-24® roof system
• Fast Roof® computer software system
• Farmsted® building system
• MR-24® roof system
• Panlastic® sealants
• Roll Runner® machine
• Roof Runner® seaming machine
• Sky-Web® fall protection and insulation support system
• Sky-Web II® fall protection and insulation support system
• StylWall® II wall or fascia system
• Butler Manufacturing™
• Butler-Cote™ finish system
• Butler Reference Library™ product information system
• Butler Thermawall™ wall system
• Classic II™ building system
• Landmark™ structural system
• Landmark™ 2000 structural system
• Lock-Rivet™ fastener
• Panl-Line™ building system
• Scrubolt™ fastener
• Shadowall™ wall system
• SunLite Strip™ daylighting system
• SunLite Calc™
• Texture-Cote™ finish system
• TextureWall™ panel wall system
• ThermaLiner™ insulation system
• VSR II™ roof system
• Widespan™ structural system
Third-party trademarks, trade names, product names, and logos contained in this Web site may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.